A step-by-step guide for activating your new tracker and navigating the platform. The recommended web browser for activating your device and using the platform is Google Chrome.
💡 Please Note: If you are using our GL300, OBD, or Hardwired tracker, please follow these links:
1. Activate your tracker
- Enter your name
- Enter your email address
Set Up Your Account:
- Enter your phone number.
- Enter your password
- Select if tracking for business or personal use > If business use is selected, you'll be asked a few more questions:
- Enter the company name
- Your role within the company
- Select the industry of your business
- How many assets you have in total
Set up your devices:
- Enter your IMEI number
- Name your tracker
- Use the "Add another device" button if you're activating more than 1 device
- Confirm the email and phone number where tracking alerts will be sent
- Review your order
2. Connect your tracker to the platform
- Charge your tracker: Ensure your tracking device is fully charged. Plug in the Qi charger using the USB cable. Place the tracker on the Qi Charging pad, ensuring the device is centered. Status LED and GPS LED will flash while charging. The device typically needs to charge for at least 8 hours. Both LEDs will turn off when disconnected from the charger.
- Test your tracker: Walk or drive around outside for 5 to 10 minutes with your tracker. The lights will indicate the connection of the tracker. Once powered on the green and blue status LEDs will flash for about 5 minutes and then go off. During the cycle, the green LED will blink once every 3 seconds. The blue LED will rapidly blink when searching for a signal then slowly blink once connected to the GPS network.
- Check your signal: Log in to your account to see if you're getting a signal.
3. Place your tracker
The Wireless Charging Weatherproof Asset Tracker needs to have as much access to the open sky as possible to retain its connection to the GPS satellites.
The tracker cannot be surrounded by metal since it will block GPS signals. DO NOT hide the tracker in metal enclosures. DO NOT place it in the middle of the undercarriage, the engine compartment, wheel wells, metal bumpers, the trunk, the glove compartment, or in any closed/lidded compartment.
- When placing the tracker using the included mount, it will clip into the tracker on the back. The four tapping screws allow for a longer-term, more permanent solution when mounting.
4. Logging into the tracking platform
We offer both a website and a mobile app to view your tracker on the platform.
- You can log into the website at app.spytec.com
- Or download our mobile app. Our app works on both Apple and Android devices:
- After logging in, review this article to get familiar with icons and symbols used in the Desktop and Mobile apps.
5. Customize your tracker
Customize your tracker in your Trackers Preferences:
- Name of the tracker
- Tracker description
- Color of the tracker on the map
- Tracker icon
6. Create a boundary
Boundaries allow you to keep track of your device if it enters or exits a certain location.
Customize a boundary:
- Name your boundary
- Choose the shape
- Size the boundary over the area you wish to serve as the center point of the boundary.
- Save and create more boundaries
We offer two types of boundaries to place on the map:
- Round: Used when looking to place a quick boundary over a general area. As the name indicates, the boundary area will be in the shape of a circle.
- Custom Draw: Used when looking to outline a specific, custom area on the map (i.e. a city block, or county).
Learn more about creating a boundary.
7. Set up notifications
Notifications can alert you when:
- Your tracker starts moving
- The tracker battery is low
- A tracker has entered a boundary entry, etc.
Set up alerts:
- Go to your Preferences
- Click on the notifications tab
- Select the different alerts you'd like to receive
- Save your settings
8. View your tracker's activity
You can view your tracker's activity by clicking on the Activity tab or by accessing reports.
Activity tab on app.spytec.com
Here you can view your recent trips and stops. Use the 'view in map' link to view the route the tracker has taken on the map:
Learn more about viewing your activity
- Click on the menu on the top left and select 'Reports.'
- You will be given a list of different reports to chose from to view your past activity.
- You also have the option to export the file as well.
Viewing activity on the mobile app
- Click on the menu on the top left and select 'Activity.'
- This will give you a list of your recent positions.
- Filter through your activity by clicking on the icon on the top right to select a specific date that you would like to view.
View the history that the tracker has taken on the map
The 'Trackers and history' option allows you to see all trips and stops from your tracker, up to the last 24 hours on the map. You can also include the alerts that were triggered along the trip.