The Spytec GPS system offers the ability to enable real-time alerts via text message and/or email, which will let you know important information about the tracker. The available alerts are:
- Speeding: Receive alerts whenever the device is moving at a certain speed
- SOS: Pressing the button on the front of the GL300MA will trigger an SOS alert - perfect when the tracker is being used for the safety of a loved one as they can alert you if they need immediate help.
- Low Battery: Choose a particular battery percentage, and receive alerts whenever the device reaches that battery level.
- Boundary Entry & Exit: Once a boundary around a specific location, you may receive alerts whenever that device enters or leaves the specified area.
- Trip Start: This alert will notify you when any of your devices have started moving and begun a new trip.
- Trip End: When your tracker has stopped moving and begun a new stop, you will get an alert.
- Trip Exceeds Distance: This allows you to set a maximum distance for your tracker's trips. Once the specified distance is exceeded, you will be alerted.
- Trip Exceeds Duration: Another multi-step user-configurable alert; this allows you to specify a timeframe for all of your device's trips. Once that time limit is exceeded, you will receive an alert.
- To view the available alerts and enable the specific type you want, start by clicking the menu button in the upper left:
- Then click the notifications tab:
- Next, using the checkboxes on the left of the screen, enable the desired alerts and click save when done:
Type of alerts:
- Mobile and Web will send you push notifications through the app on the device you are using i.e. you will get alerts through your computer or the app on your phone, if the settings are enabled.
- Text and email will send alerts either as a text message or an email to the email address that is listed in the recipient's section.
- You want to make sure that your phone number and email address are listed in the recipient's section at the bottom and the checkboxes next to them are selected to receive these alerts.