Boundaries are a great way to keep track of a specific area or region that your tracker visits. Review the steps below for more information on creating a boundary.
The options to create boundaries are currently accessible through our web app. However, you can view your boundaries on both the web and mobile apps.
Step 1: Log in to your account on the web app:
Step 2: Select the "Boundary" tab on the left side of the home page. You'll see your current boundaries listed:
Step 3: Click on "Create new boundary" in the right corner of the Boundaries tab:
Step 4: We offer two types of boundaries to place on the map. Click on the corresponding links to learn how to set them up:
- Round: Used when looking to place a quick boundary over a general area. As the name indicates, the boundary area will be in the shape of a circle.
- Custom Shape: Used when looking to outline a specific, custom area on the map (i.e. a city block, or county).
1. Under "Shape," click on the first icon on the right to create a circular boundary.
2. Click and drag your boundary to the area you would like it set.
3. Resize the circle by holding down a point and dragging it in or out to make it larger/smaller.
4. You can also customize your boundary by giving it a name and selecting the color to show on the map.
5: Click "Save" on the bottom right to save the new boundary.
6. You'll then have the option to create another boundary. Hit "Yes" to create another boundary or select "No" to navigate back to your Boundaries list.
1. Under "Shape" click on the second icon on the right to create your custom-shaped boundary.
2. Begin creating the boundary by clicking a point on the map and continuing to create points to form a shape. Please note: There is no limit to the number of points you can input or the size of the boundary.
3. To close the shape, click on the first point you made to finish creating the new boundary. If you need to move the boundary, you can click, hold down and drag the boundary to the preferred spot.
4: You can also customize your boundary by giving it a name and selecting the color to show on the map.
5. Click "Save" on the bottom right to save the new boundary.