Alerts and notifications are great ways to keep you informed as to what your tracker is doing and where it is going. Review the steps below to setup real-time notifications.
- Navigating to the notification management page
- Choosing which alerts to receive
- Where do I receive these alerts?
Step 1: Navigating to the notification management page
Step 1: Login on our web platform: app.spytec.com.
Step 2: Once logged in, click on the menu icon in the top left corner, and choose "Preferences".
Step 3: Navigate to the Notifications tab. From here, we can configure what alerts we want to enable using the checkboxes to the left of each alert and how we want to receive the notification on the right:
Step 2: Choosing which alerts to receive
There are several alert notifications to choose from:
- Speeding: Get a notification if your tracker exceeds the speed you set here.
- SOS: Get a notification if the SOS button on the face of your tracker is physically pressed.
- Low Battery: Get a notification if your tracker battery falls below a chosen percentage
- Boundary Entry and Exit: Get a notification as soon as one of your trackers enters or leaves one of your boundaries. (Learn more about boundaries here).
- Trip Start and End: Get a notification when your tracker begins or ends a trip.
- Trip Exceeds Distance and Duration: Get a notification when a tracker is on a trip that exceeds a chosen distance or duration.
Step 1. Select the alerts you would like. Click on the checkbox on the left of each alert to receive notifications for the specific alert.
Step 3: Where do I receive these alerts?
Step 1: Type of notifications. You'll want to note the difference between the type of notifications:
- Mobile and Web: will send you push notifications through the app on the device you are using i.e. you will get alerts through your computer or the app on your phone, if the settings are enabled.
- Text and email: will send alerts either as a text message or an email to the email address that is listed in the recipient's section at the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Choose the methods of notifications. Select the boxes on the right of the alerts for the type of notification you would like to receive. i.e. mobile, web, text, or email:
Step 3: Add your phone number and email address by clicking 'Add recipient' at the bottom of the page. You'll also need to check the boxes next to each contact to receive these alerts:
Step 4: Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page to save the changes you've made.