- What is the difference between the M4 & M6 case?
- How much longer will my GL300 last with the extended battery?
- How do I charge my battery pack?
- How do I configure the switches?
- My battery pack did not come with a switchboard. What should I do?
- Does the red light on the switch box drain the battery?
- How do I troubleshoot the battery packs?
1. What is the difference between the M4 & M6 case?
The M4 and M6 cases are very similar except for two key differences: battery capacity and case size. The wall charger, switch box, plugs, troubleshooting steps, configuration and operation are all identical.
The M4 Case:
- Has 2 - 2200mAh batteries
- The case dimensions are 5.9” x 3.9” x 2.4”
- Website link
The M6 Case:
- Has 8 - 2200mAh batteries
- The case dimensions are 7” x 5” x 2.25”
- Website link
2. How much longer will my GL300 last with the extended battery?
The GL300 has one 2600mAh battery. When combined with the M4’s 4400mAh battery, you can expect three times the amount of battery life out of your device.
The M6 case has a 17,600mAh battery. When combined with the GL300, you can expect twelve times the amount of battery life from your device.
|Average battery life
|M4 Pro||M6 Pro XL|
3. How do I charge my battery pack?
The battery has two sets of wires extruding from each side, the female plug connected by a durable black wire is used for charging. The other black/red wires go to the black circuit board.
The charging block that comes with the case has an indicator light that illuminates RED while the extended battery is charging. Once the extended battery is done charging the indicator light will turn GREEN.
- The M4 case can take 4-6 hours to fully charge.
- The M6 case can take 12-14 hours to fully charge.
Please note: If your extended battery pack did not come with a switchboard, please click here for more information.
4. How can I check the remaining battery life of my Extended Battery pack?
5. How do I configure the switches?
With the red LED light at the top, all of the switches should be set towards the left.
This configuration makes the battery pack push power to the GL300 at all times 24/7 regardless of motion.
6. My battery pack did not come with a switchboard. What should I do?
The most recent version of the M4 and M6 extended battery case has eliminated the switchboard and swapped it for a single connector cable. If you do not have a switchboard, this is okay. Both the switchboard and connector cable operate and function the same with your tracker.
7. Does the red light on the switch box drain the battery?
Yes, but not enough to cause a noticeable battery drain.
8. How do I troubleshoot the battery packs?
The first thing to check is the mini USB connection from the switch box to the GL300 tracker. The rubber protective cover on the tracker can get in the way of a good connection. Ensure the shield is out of the way and the plug is fully connected/seated in the tracker.
Next is to verify the switch position. Refer to question 5 for the latest switch configuration.
You can ensure the extended pack is charging by verifying an illuminated RED light on the wall charger while plugged in.
If you have any additional questions about the use of your extended battery case, please contact our support team for further assistance.