Confused about what the symbols mean in the app? This article explains different icons on the Spytec GPS desktop and mobile app, what they mean, and how to get help.
Desktop App Icons
1. Tracker Icon: The tracker icon will show on the map of your home screen.
On the map
Top left corner
2. GPS Signal: This icon indicates the status of the tracker's GPS connection. The GPS connection allows your device to report its location.
3. Cell Icon: This icon indicates the status of the tracker's cell connection. The cellular connection allows your device to report in real-time on the map. If your tracker doesn't have a cellular connection, you will receive all the data when it connects again.
4. Battery Percentage: This icon indicates the battery life of your tracker. Please note: The battery percentage shown is pulled from the most recent time your tracker reported to the platform.
5. Alerts Icon: The alerts icon will indicate if you have any recent alerts. Clicking on the icon will bring you to your Alerts Report. Click here to learn more about setting up your alerts.
Mobile App Icons
When you open the mobile app, you'll find your tracker's icon located on the screen. The icon will have a colored ring around the circle:
- If the ring around your tracker icon is green, the tracker is currently on a live trip.
- If there is a red ring around your tracker, this means the tracker has stopped.
I'm getting an error message. What should I do?
Click the link below to learn more about the error you're seeing and steps to resolve the issue.
- Tracker doesn't have GPS signal. You may need to reposition.
- Tracker hasn't reported on schedule. Check battery and cell signal.
- My tracker icon is grayed out. What does that mean?
Tracker doesn't have GPS signal. You may need to reposition
- Check the placement of your tracker. The best place for the tracker is under the driver's seat or passenger's seat with the lights facing up. If the device is in a magnetic case, it should be placed on the undercarriage near the wheel. Learn more about how to place devices.
- Ensure your device is not in an enclosed space. If the device is in a house, garage, or next to a large building, this can block the signal. Click here for more on the GPS signal.
Tracker hasn't reported on schedule. Check battery and cell signal.
- Charge your tracker. If your device has a battery, simply take it inside and plug it into the wall charger. The red PWR LED light will flash while the battery is charging and then stay solid once it is fully charged. For an overview of the charger, please refer to our GL300 User Manual ↗️
- Your tracker may be in standby mode. Your tracker will go into standby mode to save power when it has stopped for more than 15-20 minutes. It will then only report once every 3 hours until it detects motion again.
- Reboot your tracker. Simply press and hold the power button on the top of the device to turn it off. Wait a few minutes, then turn the device back on. Click here for instructions on rebooting your tracker.
My tracker icon is grayed out. What does that mean?
If your tracker's icon has changed to a gray icon on the map, this means your tracker has lost either the cellular or GPS connection.
To see more information on why your tracker has lost signal, log on to the website app.spytec.com and click on your tracker icon. If your tracker has not reported on schedule, click here. If you see that your tracker does not have a GPS signal, click here.