This article will outline frequently asked questions regarding the mobile app and include the different features the Spytec GPS mobile app has to offer!
- Where can I get the Spytec GPS mobile app?
- How do I see where my tracker has been?
- How do I track my device live?
- How do I see my tracker's battery percentage?
- How do I change the map mode?
- How do I change my tracker icon?
- How do I set up my alerts and notifications?
- How do I add a tracker?
- How do I replace my tracker?
- How do I use Time Machine?
1. Where can I get the Spytec GPS mobile app?
Our app works on both Apple and Android devices:
2. How do I see where my tracker has been?
There are two different ways to review your tracker's recent activity on your account:
- You can see your tracker history from the past 24 hours
- You can view activity from over 24 hours by visiting your tracker's 'Activity' and view the Activity Cards.
Click here to learn more about viewing your tracker's activity.
Viewing activity from the last 24 hours:
Activity from over 24 Hours:
Step 1: Step 2:
3. How do I track my device live?
Tap on the tracker icon to put the tracker in 'Follow Mode'. You will begin to see your tracker move on the map in real-time. Click here for more information on tracking your device live.
4. How do I see my tracker's battery percentage?
The battery percentage will be shown at the bottom of the map. You'll see your 'Tracker Card' with the most recent information that your tracker reported such as the address, time, and the current status of your tracker.
5. How do I change the map mode?
You can change the way your map style appears on your account. There are four different modes: Light, Dark, Satellite and Mono light. Click here the steps to change your map mode.
Step 1: Step 2:
6. How do I change my tracker icon?
You'll have the option of changing the name of your tracker, selecting the color as it appears on your map, and changing the icon. Click here for the steps to customize your tracker.
7. How do I set up my alerts and notifications?
Most alert settings can only be managed through the website platform: app.spytec.com. However, you silence your alerts by setting them on 'Do not Disturb' mode through the mobile app. Click here for these steps.
8. How do I add a tracker to my account?
You may want to add an additional device to your account as a way to track multiple assets. Click here for the steps on adding a new device.
9. How do I replace a tracker?
There are many reasons why a tracker may need to be replaced, ranging from a hardware defect or a need to upgrade your device. Click here to learn more about replacing a tracker.
10. How do I use Time Machine?
Time Machine is a feature on the Spytec GPS mobile app that allows you to travel back in time and follow your tracker's routes throughout a 24-hour period of time. Click here to learn more about Time Machine.