When creating a new account or activating a new tracker, you may receive a message stating your 'IMEI is not available for use.' Follow the steps below to resolve this issue and successfully activate your tracker.
What You'll See
After entering the tracker's IMEI number, you receive a red error message stating 'The IMEI/MEID you entered is not available for use.
How to Resolve
- Double-check the IMEI number you have entered is correct. The IMEI number should be a 14-15 digit number. This number can be found on the back of the tracker or on the packaging the tracker was shipped in. Click here for more information on locating your tracker's IMEI number.
- Ensure the device is a Spytec GPS device. Our trackers will have 'Spytec GPS' listed on the back of the tracker. Only Spytec branded devices are compatible with our platform.
- If you purchased the device from a third party, ensure the device is not attached to a previous account. The previous owner of the device will need to contact our support team to have the tracker removed from their account.
- If you are attempting to reactivate your tracker using a new email address, the tracker may still be associated with the previously used email address. Please contact support to have the device removed from the account or assist in accessing the old account.
- If the issue still persists, please contact our support team for further assistance.